In 2015 the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) turns 25. How will YOU celebrate this milestone and honor this significant civil rights victory for Americans with disabilities?
Advocates across the country have begun to plan ADA25 in their neighborhoods, cities, and states. We'd like to keep everyone connected and informed. Share ideas, post your events, tell us your stories, etc. Here are some places to start:
- Connect with your local ADA center! The ADA National Network has 10 regional centers around the country. Every state is covered by one of the centers. The centers have agreed to serve as hubs for ADA25 planning in their particular regions. They will host conference calls so that everyone can share ideas, resources, etc. Click here to find out where your regional center is and how to connect with them!
- Find great resources! The ADA National Network also offers an online tool kit full of resources for planning and celebrating the ADA's anniversary. Visit the website to find sample press releases, videos, monthly themes, an e-postcard, and more!
- Use the ADA25 logo! Our vibrant ADA25 logo (shown above) is already in use across the country. Show your connection to the larger ADA25 community. Incorporate the logo into your events and promotional materials.
- Learn about the ADA25 slogan! Disability rights ARE civil rights! That's the slogan for ADA25. But what does that mean? How can you incorporate this slogan into your ADA25 plans? Read this to understand better why disability rights are civil rights!
- Use our ADA25 media kit! We would love to have a consistent look and messaging for ADA25 events across the country, so feel free to use the ADA25 logo, slogan, and other resources. Get them here! (coming soon)
- Make the most of social media! Use #ADA25, #ADALegacyTour, and #ADALegacy in your posts. Share ideas and stories on our Facebook page andTwitter feed. Post photos on Instagram. Help us all stay connected!
- Post your events! We want to maintain a database of all ADA25 activities and events around the country. We offer a map where folks can click on their particular state and find out what is happening around them. Once your plans are in place, click here to submit your event! (coming soon)
- Follow The ADA Legacy Tour! One of the ways we are raising awareness about and celebrating ADA25 is through The ADA Legacy Tour, a traveling exhibit that will crisscross the country from July 25, 2014 - July 31, 2015. Click here to check the Tour schedule and see when it will be close to you!
- Share your stories! We want to hear about what you are doing! How are YOU celebrating ADA25? Click here to share your story!
- Tell us what the ADA means to you! Were you born before or after 1990? What difference does the ADA make in your life? Click here to tell us your thoughts! (coming soon)
- Show your ADA25 spirit! Get an ADA25 commemorative tshirt and wear it with pride! Click here to order yours today!
- Support ADA25! Make a donation to support all of these efforts - and more - to celebrate ADA25! Click here to donate $25 for ADA25 (or any other amount)!
Help us make ADA25 the biggest, grandest celebration!